16 Mar Hardwood Floor Care Tips
Posted at 23:20h in Hardwood Floor 0 Comments
If you take care of your hardwood floors, they can last you 20 years or more before needing to be refinished. Below you will find hardwood floor care tips to help you keep your hardwood floors looking brand new for years to come,
Hardwood Floor Care Tips
- Sweep weekly and use a damp cloth on dirt spots as needed.
- If you use a vacuum to sweep, turn off the rotating brush.
- Keep wet and dirty shoes off the hardwood.
- Switch to slippers or socks indoors.
- Add protective pads to the feet of all furniture in rooms with hardwood flooring.
- Pick up furniture when moving it
- Use a humidifier when running a forced-air furnace to maintain adequate moisture.
Hardwood Floor Care: What Not to Do
- Don’t use mats with rubber backing because they will trap moisture against the wood.
- Don’t use wax on wood as it collects dirt and debris.
- Don’t use a steam mop because the hardwood will absorb the excess moisture.
Our Team of Hardwood Flooring Experts Is Ready To Help
When in doubt, reach out to your neighborhood hardwood flooring experts. Feel free to contact us if you have any questions about our company or flooring installation services. For the best in hardwood floor, visit our showroom on Cheney St. or contact us today for a quote. We look forward to working with you!